Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Having now done a couple of years with a Gardner 4L2 complete with No.2 reversing box, which is a good reliable motor but, not for this type of boat, it's time to put somthing more appropriate in the engine 'ole.
A few months ago an Armtrong Siddeley came up for sale. After a bit of asking round, found these to be a reasonable motor and would fit nicely in Dove. This would then enable us to fit the bottom tank and the correct day tank.

Monday, 5 October 2009

Got the deck board and cratch built now, we've just put some temprary cloths on for now, just to keep the weather out.

Thought I'd have a go at putting the strings on, just see what it looked like.

Been quite busy the past few weeks, started at the front end with the flooring boards and kelson. you'll also see we've got the brackets riveted in and all painted up.